Who the heck are the Tafoyas?

In 2007 Nick Tafoya and Aliza McDuffie were "matched" online, met and fell in love. September 20th, 2008 they tied the knot. On April 15th, 2010 they were blessed with the arrival of their little monster, Logan Kent. This is a bloggy dedicated to events in our lives that we wish to share with the world.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Uh... how is it July?

I've been rather neglectful lately. Is it really possible that my last post was in May? Yes, it is entirely possible. Oops. I guess this means that I'm going to have to dump a ton of updates.
So here's what happened these past two months (in no particular order):

- Logan got a haircut! I really struggled with the decision to cut his hair because I loved his long locks and I don't like making that sort of decision for someone, but I could really tell it was bothering him. Plus, Mo- the stylist- assured me that he would keep his curls and finally be able to see without hair covering his eyes. She was amazing with him.

- Logan now weighs 21 pounds, 13 ounces and is 31.25 inches long (65th percentile!). He's still super cute. New words: kitty (which is often pronounced with a "t" at the beginning. We're working on it), diaper, down, and a bad word that he heard from Mommy. (My language is definitely better now.)


- Our new house is coming along. Here's a picture of the front from when we first moved in. Just imagine an agave and yucca plant next to driveway and new, tiled numbers.

- Here's what I have decided is the library (minus the glider in the corner):

- Our living room doesn't usually have wood on the ottoman and floor, Nick is working on a project for class/home
-Our kitchen, which sadly is usually this unorganized. We're working on it.


- Late June, Nick's wonderful grandmother Janet came down to visit the family here in New Mexico with her sister and brother-in-law (also wonderful people), so we went down to Mountainair for a NM Tafoya family reunion. It was so nice to get together with everyone, especially those we haven't been able to see in a while. And Logan loves his great-grandma. I only took one picture while we were there, which is sad, but it's kind of cute:
- Also in June, Nick turned 27. We had a little get together, but I didn't take pictures of course. For Nick's birthday I got him a keg set (for beer) and a couple of weeks ago he was finally able to use it. The beer came out great too.

- Nick and I have been getting our craft on lately. I've been working on Logan's big boy viking themed room and I decided it was time to get him a growth chart, but I wasn't about to pay $50 for one. So I made one myself. Nick is taking a couple carpentry classes and is currently working on a giant workbench, so our garage has become a workshop for him. Saw dust smells great. He also made me a beautiful cutting board (which can be seen in the far corner in the kitchen picture).

- We also celebrated the Fourth with the McMillans, and as always it was great. Logan lost interest in the fireworks after five minutes, but he had a blast exploring the deck.
- I recently started working for my mom as her assistant photographer/ human slave. I like photography, so it will be fun. I also got proof of all my hard work:

- Lately, Logan discovered his inner artist. Here's my favorite photo from the ones he took the other day:

-Finally, the monsoon started. We've need rain so bad, so this is a very welcome sight. However, we will need real gutters or this is going to cause huge problems in the future.

Anyway, that's all for now. I hope everyone is doing as well as we are and I hope to have pictures of the upstairs uploaded soon- because, after all, I good photographer always has her camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment