Who the heck are the Tafoyas?

In 2007 Nick Tafoya and Aliza McDuffie were "matched" online, met and fell in love. September 20th, 2008 they tied the knot. On April 15th, 2010 they were blessed with the arrival of their little monster, Logan Kent. This is a bloggy dedicated to events in our lives that we wish to share with the world.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Excitement excitement!

May has been pretty exciting for us so far.

L is now 13 months old, is speed walking, and can say "dog," "hello," and "pop." Oh but let us not forget the time he said "hey babe" to the very pretty salesperson at Zales. He's a ball of trouble, a constant flirt, and absolutely adorable! I love that he's so curious, so excited and so happy, though I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty exhausted too.

We are now homeowners! Its a beautiful two-story home in Rio Rancho, and I love it! There is a lot more cleaning to do than I originally expected-- whoever lived here before us never heard of putting glossy paint in bathrooms or cleaning showers-- and I seriously hate unpacking, but I do love it. L is having a blast running around and exploring. I will post pictures of it once we're settled and I have the motivation to do it.

We got Nick a new truck the day after we bought the house (and are finally paying less a month for his vehicle! Yay!) It's a 2011 Nissan Frontier in blue. It's really nice, and he totally deserved it!

I also graduate with my BA in History on the 14th. Its still strange to think that I'm finished since I've spent the better part of a decade there. I don't know if it has totally sunk in yet.

Finally, I totaled my car this afternoon. Both Logan and I were in it at the time, but apart from some minor bruising (on me) we're both fine. It was, however, the scariest experience of my life. It was my first real accident and I may never forget the sounds of it (L's screaming being the worst part of it.) All I can say is thank God for a good car seat. I am so glad that we decided to keep Logan rear-facing rather than turn him around. My neck is pretty sore, so I could imagine how he would feel if he had been forward-facing.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of excitement! Congrats on the new house and graduation. I'm glad to hear you are all safe after the accident. Make sure you submit for a new car seat with insurance. Most companies will pay for one because you're not supposed to use a car seat once it's been in an accident. Good job on leaving Logan rear facing. Most car seats can be rear facing to 35-40 pounds now, so it's best for them to stay rear facing until they hit that weight limit, which is usually around 3 yrs old. It's really best for their spines and the safest thing! Ok---enough of the nurse in me talking.

    Take care!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete